HOSTED BUYER INFORMATION & FAQs
The Invitational provides an opportunity for you, as an industry buyer, to network with top suppliers in the hotel, travel, merchandise and DMC facets of the incentive industry, discuss and engage in accredited education sessions surrounding IRF research, and more. With more than 160 sponsor companies, you will not only find unique destinations, but partners to help you craft unforgettable experiences. Invitational buyers are eligble for complimentary registration and full access to all Invitational programming, complimentary accommodations at the host hotel over the event dates, complimentary arrival and departure transfers, and more.
All IRF Hosted Buyers are required to have an IRF Hosted Buyer Qualification Form on file for participation in any hosted IRF programs including the IRF Invitational. Click here to learn more about hosted participation and to submit your qualifications.
Click here to view our FAQs.
Invitation and Registration: Registration invitations for the event are distributed in one of two ways:
- Sponsor invitation - Our Invitational sponsors are working diligently to submit their hand selected buyers. If your name is submitted by one of our IRF sponsors, you may receive an invitation to register for the event as early as November 1, 2018. Sponsor pairings will continue until April 2019.
- IRF invitation - General registration for qualified IRF buyers will open on February 1, 2019. If you have not already received an invitation to register, your invitation will be distributed at this time.
Sponsor Hosting: Buyer attendees of the Invitational are hosted by one of our event sponsors. You may be paired with a sponsor host in one of two ways:
- Sponsor Submission - Our Invitational sponsors are working diligently to submit their hand selected buyers. If your name is submitted by one of our IRF sponsors, you may receive an invitation to register for the event as early as November 1, 2018. Sponsor pairings will continue until April 2019.
- Sponsor Selection - If your sponsor host is listed as The Incentive Research Foundation in your event invitation and your registration profile, you may be paired with a sponsor host closer to the event. If you register as an IRF buyer and your host is updated, you will receive a communication from firstname.lastname@example.org with additional details and information regarding your host update.
What is included in my participation as a hosted buyer?
Hosted buyers attendees of the Invitational will experience:
- 4 nights of complimentary accommodations at the host property beginning Wednesday, June 19, through Sunday, June 23
- CMP and SHRM accredited education sessions
- Destination experiences that showcase the destination's unique offerings
- Complimentary arrival and departure transfers
- Networking with 400 industry thought leaders
- Opportunity to invite a guest for participation in full Invitational programming (additional cost)
How do I qualify to attend as a hosted buyer?
All buyer attendees are required to have a current qualification form on file to qualify for hosted attendance. Please review the hosted participation information and guidelines here for more information. If you would like to confirm your qualification status, please email email@example.com.
How do I register for the event?
Once you have qualified as a hosted buyer, you will receive a registration invitation via email from firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the full details of your participation and containing your registration profile log in details.* You are required to complete your registration in full to guarantee your space at the event prior to the program selling out. Space is limited. We encourage you to complete your registration as soon as possible once you have received a registration invitation. Incomplete registrations will not be accepted.
* Buyers who complete the qualification form prior to the general registration date, February 1, 2019, may not receive their official registration invitation prior to general registration opening.
How do I make the most of my attendance?
As a hosted buyer, we encourage you to meet up with your sponsor host upon arrival to the Invitational, sit with your host during Education Day to discuss trending industry topics, join your host for dinner on the hosted dinner evening and take time to visit your sponsor at their assigned event activation to make the most of your time together during the program. Your sponsor host will be listed in your IRF registration profile, your event invitation and will be included in your event mobile app. If you would like contact information for your sponsor host, please contact email@example.com.
Do I have to participate in Education Day?
Education Day is an integral part of the Invitational. During these dynamic sessions, you will be able to network with your industry colleagues through discussion surrounding the latest IRF research, trending industry issues and topics, as well as upcoming trends and changes within the industry. Additionally, your full participation in Education Day can earn you CMP and SHRM continuing education credits. We understand that conflicting travel schedules may make full attendance of Education Day challenging, but you are encouraged to join us if you are on property.
What are Sponsor Hosted Dinners and how will I know where to go?
One night during the program is reserved for "Sponsor Hosted Dinners". During this time, your host sponsor may have arranged a reservation or experience for you to participate in together. This time is reserved for you to network one on one with your sponsor host and to build your professional relationship. Some sponsors may have completed their planning prior to others and may extend an invitation to you. While we understand you may have interest in attending other dinners to network with different sponsors, please refrain from accepting invitations from other sponsors until you have heard from your host. Your host is listed on the "Welcome" page of your registration profile and in your invitation to register/host update notice accordingly. Once the details of your dinner have been confirmed with the IRF, you will be able to access the details of your reservation on site within the IRF mobile app.
For questions regarding accommodations, transfers, registration and cancellation, please click here.